Wedding Trends Taking Ohio by Storm in 2023
As we enter into a new year, engaged couples are eagerly planning their upcoming weddings and searching for the latest trends to make their special day unforgettable. Ohio, with its diverse landscape and rich culture, offers a unique blend of traditional and modern wedding trends. From eco-friendly weddings to bold accents and destination weddings, Ohio has something for everyone. In this blog, we will explore wedding trends in Ohio for 2023, providing couples with a comprehensive guide to help them plan the wedding of their dreams. So, let's dive in and discover the latest wedding trends in Ohio for 2023.
Weddings are one of the most special occasions in a couple's life, and it is essential to make it a memorable experience. As the year 2023 unfolds, couples in Ohio are looking for new wedding trends to make their special day unforgettable. Here are some of the latest wedding trends in Ohio for 2023.
- Eco-Friendly Weddings As the world becomes more environmentally conscious, many couples are opting for eco-friendly weddings. They are using recycled and biodegradable materials in their décor, invitations, and even their wedding dresses. Eco-friendly catering and venues are also becoming more popular. Ohio has plenty of options for eco-friendly weddings, such as The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, which is a sustainable venue with green practices.
- Smaller Weddings The pandemic has changed the way we look at weddings. Many couples are now choosing to have smaller and more intimate weddings, with only their closest friends and family in attendance. It allows them to focus on the experience rather than the number of guests. Ohio has plenty of small wedding venues, such as The French House in Cincinnati, which can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Muted Color Palettes Muted color palettes are becoming more popular for weddings in 2023. Couples are choosing to use softer, more subtle colors such as blush, dusty blue, and sage green, which create a romantic and dreamy atmosphere. Ohio has many venues that complement this trend, such as The Estate at New Albany, which features a neutral color palette.
- Interactive Food Stations Interactive food stations are a fun way to keep guests entertained during the wedding reception. Couples are opting for food stations such as DIY cocktail bars, s'mores stations, and even donut walls. Ohio has plenty of catering companies that specialize in interactive food stations, such as The Little Miami River Catering Company.
- Personalized Wedding Favors Personalized wedding favors are a great way to thank guests for attending and make the wedding day even more memorable. Couples are choosing unique and personalized gifts such as custom candles, handmade soap, and even customized candy boxes. Ohio has many local businesses that can create personalized wedding favors, such as the Columbus-based business, The Candle Lab.
- Non-Traditional Wedding Venues Couples in Ohio are opting for non-traditional wedding venues such as museums, parks, and even breweries. These venues offer a unique and memorable experience for guests and allow couples to showcase their personality. Ohio has many non-traditional wedding venues, such as the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus, which features stunning botanical gardens.
- Inclusive Weddings Inclusive weddings are becoming more popular in Ohio, where couples are breaking away from traditional gender roles and celebrating diversity. They are choosing to have mixed-gender wedding parties and incorporating LGBTQ+ symbols and themes into their wedding. Ohio has many wedding planners who specialize in inclusive weddings, such as the Cincinnati-based business, I-Do Weddings & Events.
- Sustainable Wedding Dresses Sustainable wedding dresses are becoming more popular as couples look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint. They are choosing dresses made from eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton, bamboo, and even recycled plastic bottles. Ohio has many bridal boutiques that specialize in sustainable wedding dresses, such as B.Loved Bridal Boutique in Columbus.
- Virtual Wedding Elements Virtual wedding elements are becoming increasingly popular in Ohio, allowing couples to include guests who may not be able to attend in person. They are using live streaming services and virtual reality technology to create an immersive experience for remote guests. Ohio has many vendors that specialize in virtual wedding elements, such as the Cincinnati-based business, AV Production Services.
- Interactive Entertainment Interactive entertainment is a fun way to keep guests engaged and entertained throughout the wedding day. Couples in Ohio are opting for interactive entertainment such as photo booths, lawn games, and even virtual reality experiences. Ohio has many entertainment vendors that specialize in interactive entertainment, such as The Cleveland Photo Booth Company.
- Mix-and-Match Bridesmaid Dresses Mix-and-match bridesmaid dresses are becoming more popular in Ohio. Instead of choosing identical dresses for each bridesmaid, couples are allowing their bridesmaids to choose their own dresses in a particular color palette. This trend allows each bridesmaid to feel comfortable and confident in their dress. Ohio has many bridal boutiques that offer a variety of bridesmaid dresses, such as Wendy's Bridal in Dublin.
- Nature-Inspired Weddings Nature-inspired weddings are becoming more popular in Ohio, with couples choosing to incorporate natural elements such as greenery, flowers, and wood into their wedding décor. Outdoor wedding venues are also becoming more popular, such as The Inn at Honey Run in Millersburg, which features a natural setting and stunning views.
- Bold Accents Bold accents are becoming more popular in Ohio weddings, with couples choosing to add a pop of color to their wedding décor. This trend includes bold florals, colorful table linens, and even colorful wedding dresses. Ohio has many vendors that offer bold wedding accents, such as Two Little Red Birds in Akron.
- Destination Weddings Destination weddings are becoming more popular in Ohio, with couples choosing to travel to a beautiful location for their wedding. Ohio has many beautiful destinations, such as Lake Erie, Hocking Hills, and Amish Country. These destinations offer unique experiences for couples and their guests.
- Live Music Live music is becoming more popular in Ohio weddings, with couples choosing to hire live musicians for their ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. This trend includes a variety of musicians such as string quartets, jazz bands, and even DJs. Ohio has many talented musicians, such as The Columbus Musicians, who offer live music services for weddings.
In conclusion, the wedding trends in Ohio for 2023 offer a diverse range of options for couples to make their special day unforgettable. From eco-friendly weddings to non-traditional wedding venues and virtual wedding elements, there is something for everyone. Couples can incorporate these trends into their wedding day to showcase their personality and create a unique and memorable experience for their guests.